Thursday, November 11, 2010

If you casserole it ill eat it.

Last night was Tylers first time home in over a week so I got him his favorite red velvet mega double extraordinaire cupcake which was destroyed while he taught me how to play spades. For the holidays coming up they started putting peppermint sprinkles on top and the flavor of red velvet/cream cheese icing and peppermint werent really working together but we wanted something sweet so we just ignored that and went with it. I also won at my first game of spades but then got mad the second round and threw my cards in the air and wanted to go to bed. Sore losing is kinda my thing.

This morning I tried to make a breakfast casserole and this was a great example of how we have to make things separate but simple. On one side there is chorizo for tyler and my side is meatless. This really does not look good at all ! I forgot to add milk so it wasnt fluffy and light just very dense and filling. When I used to live at home with my mom and sister they would joke that if they casseroled any food I would eat it.  Now thats basically true just minus the meat or leave me a few sqaures meatless. Thats right I said a FEW sqaures because leftovers are meant to be for everyone. This pan is looking a little(lot) haggard and its probably time I retire it. My christmas list is basically just kichen ware so after this im going to make a wish list on william sonoma. WISH
The croissants were probably the best part. I know the grocery store I always go to bakes them every morning but they arent from scratch the dough comes pre made and they just proof and bake. Itd be nice ... ok well it would be AWESOME is they were from scratch but no such luck here. Also I wish they sold two packs but they only come in four...I dont want to have left over croissants in the house because they will get eaten even if we arent hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment